IN ORDER TO DETERMINE THE ELIGIBILITY FOR PUBLIC ASSISTANCE OF YOURSELF AND/OR OTHER MEMBERS OF YOUR FAMILY FOR WHOM YOU ARE APPLYING, IT IS NECESSARY THAT YOU ALLOW US TO SEE THE ITEMS BELOW:
- Proof of Age, bring the following: birth certificates or records, marriage certificates, citizenship papers, driver's license, IL state ID discharge paper DD-214 for your entire household
- Proof of your current address: leases / rent receipts, landlord's name, address and phone number, leases, utility receipts, library cards, voter's identity cards, drivers licenses
- Proof of marriage/divorce papers
- Proof of Income for entire household, Bring the last (4) pay check stubs or other documents verifying employment and earnings
- Last bank statement of all accounts belonging to anyone in household
- All records of other income including: Pensions, annuities, disability benefits, unemployment compensation, railroad retirement benefits, Workman's Compensation, VA Benefits, Government grants for education, or other private or government benefits
- Discharge paper of any member of your household who is a veteran, or the military services number of any member who is currently in the service
- Clinic cards
- Job service card
- Bring copies of all bills you are asking for help on
- Bring copies of all vouchers and/or letters received from other agencies.
- When you have everything together that has been asked for and your application is completed, please call to set up an appointment.
- If you need help completing the application please call for an appointment.
For more information on General Assistance, contact Supervisor Schnable at the Riley Township offices.
Click here to fill out a General Assistance application.